This month we had three participants to my monthly thimble photo sharing group at Flickr. There were only one participant up until the very last minute and it worried me a lot. Thank you for those of you who participated and those of you who visited Flickr to admire our works. I will continue the photo sharing and look forward to seeing your works there next month, too.
As before we had a lucky draw and the lucky winner who got the thimble as a prize is Quiltsummse from Germany. Quiltsummse, I will contact you about shipping later.
I have not been contacted by the last month's winner, Dorian E, yet, for shipping information. Dorian, if you read this, please send me an e-mail at chloe_patricia (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) jp for shipping information.
Thursday, 30 September 2010
Wednesday, 1 September 2010
Are you ready for this month's "share your thimbles"? You can start uploading your thimbles from here at Flickr. The rules are the same as before:
1. The thimbles (or any other rings) have to be your own work.
2. Although the group name says "thimbles", your work is not necessarily a thimble and you can make your rings in any size you would like, as small as a focal bead for the necklace or as big as a bracelet, or even bigger.
3. As stated above, they have to be your own work however, you can use the ring base from the kit if you choose to do so. If may not be fair, considering I sell the kits, however, they are many other kits available (at least in Japan) and some of you may be able to obtain them, and it is definitely not fair to exclude the people from sharing their first work with us.
4. Your work has to be done with only forward stitches. No weaving or back stitches at this time.
5. You can use any material, and in any colours, you would like.
6. Please state the size of the mould on which you formed your ring base in the description field of the photo. Please also mention what threads and padding you used, too, so that we could compare notes. In case you bought one of my kits, here are the size and materials: "first thimble" is 50mm in circumference and Tire Silk size 9 & floss silk padding. "small pincushion" is 61mm in circumference and Tire Silk size9 & floss silk padding. "medium pincushion" is 103mm and Tire Silk size 16 & knitting yarn for padding.
7. You can upload as many photo as you like.
8. The closing date is 21st of September 2010, Japan time. Please note that we are 9 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) in Japan.
Now you can start uploading from here.
We are going to have a lucky draw this month, too, at the end and one lucky winner will get the thimble of my contribution to this month's photo sharing, shown above. In order to enter the draw, please leave a message at discussion board at Flickr under the subject of "thimbles of September 2010". You can upload as many as you like but you can enter the draw only once.
Let's start stitching the thimble and please come join us here at Flickr.
** Dear Dorian, you are the winner of the last month's draw. Please contact me for your shipping address. My e-mail address is chloe_patricia(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)jp