Friday 1 May 2009

Think Big

This is bigger yet a ring I have ever made, this time it's a bracelet although I am supposed to make the sixth and the last napkin ring. I haven't decided what colour the last one should be yet and to be honest I just wanted to try something different. The five rings in the size which can hold a folded napkin in the same design just made me tired by just looking although I am really proud of myself for the speed I finished them so far, but enough is enough.

As I said this is the biggest ring I have ever made. By making this, I have learned a few things; that the bigger the ring, the sturdier it has to be and that I had better make a design diagram before hand. This is supposed to appear as sunburst but because of the angle of the thread I doubt it may not look like one. I need to finish to be certain, but I have my doubt. And lastly that the bigger the ring, the more tired it makes me :)

3 comments:

  1. This looks really pretty. You are so good at this. I enjoy seeing each one you do and share on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still in awe at your patience and perserverance. I hope everyone appreciates what it takes to make these. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chloe,
    I have been dying to stitch a bracelet.
    I noticed in your blog under bracelets,
    you stated that the base needed to be very
    strong. What do you use for a bracelet
    bases?

    ReplyDelete