Monday 21 December 2009

Share Your Thimbles - December 2009 - closed

Here is another medium pin cushion I made however, it's nothing to do with the thimble pool, just wanted to share it with you, is all. You are familiar with the design but this time I used gold thread. As a matter of fact this is the first time I used gold where weaving is involved and I am quite happy with the result.

I have just closed the Flickr thimble pool. You can not upload from now on until I open it next year but you can admire the works from here. There are total 13 entries, from a thimble to bracelet, by 4 people. However, when I visited the Flickr I found the earlier uploads were missing and there are only 12 pictures there now. Is this because I disabled the upload do you think? Does anyone have any idea why?

To be honest I am a bit disappointed because I know for a fact that there are more than 4 people who makes thimbles/rings among my readers, but then I cannot complain as this is the first pool and it's December with winter holidays and school break and all. I am going to host another Flickr pool after New Year holiday and I would like to expect more entries then.

Now, as I said there are 13 uploads with respective comments on the post for draw. Actually there are 16 comments including 3 non-entry comments. I numbered third comment by Debi as 1 and fifth one by Debi as 2 until the last one by Debi (again) as 13 and the lucky winner is number 5, Meri who uploaded her first thimble for us. Meri, will you please send me an e-mail about which pin cushion you would like and give me your name and address. You can send me an e-mail from my profile page.

As I said before I am going to host another Flickr pool next year so please continue making thimbles/rings. Don't disappoint me, please.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Chloe Patricia, thank you for your encouragement to stitch a thimble. So far I have not stitched one, mostly because I have not made a base yet. I will be on vacation for a few days after Christmas, and hope to make one then. The only way it is possible is because of your tutorials, and the experiences Debi is sharing on her blog. Thank you both so much!
    I also wanted to let you know that I will send you a temari for your answer to my "count the squares" quilt question. Please send me your address at j compeau at gmail dot com (no spaces, replacing at and dot). Do you have any preferences?

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chloe Patricia,

    Thanks so much for opening the sharing group. I had lots of fun making thimbles and learned SO much by doing it. I know that I still have things to get better at so I'll keep working on it.

    Congratulations to Meri for winning the prize. I am sure she will love it.

    I am looking forward to the next task you set for us in January! I will be sure to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you!
    I'm so glad!! In fact my thimbles are the worst to look... the others are so perfect! I think next time I'll use DMC perlé 8, is it right, Chloe Patricia? All my troubles are with the base... but I'm ready to try again :)

    Happy New Year 2010 to you Chloe Patricia and to your readers!

    ReplyDelete