The design on my latest pin cushion was an experiment and it appeared as I thought it would be, so in that sense it was a success. However, I find it a little bit too busy. Maybe in different colours... Actually it is a prototype of my latest project (aside from new thimble kit). I thought it would be lovely to have a work tray for needlework with its side finished in the same way as thimbles. Actually I got around and made one for myself. That first one taught me I needed to improve how I attache a bottom to the ring. So I made another tray base, I would say an improved one, last weekend and I have started experimenting in the smaller scales, hence a pin cushion. The height of the side is 15mm plus bottom, the same as the tray so my experiment can be adapted to the tray easily. I like the design but it would look nicer when the design is two or three tired with higher sided ring. I may not pick this one for the tray but I believe I am going to start a new experiment on the design, too, for something else.
Beverly at How Sweet The Sound is hosting Pink Saturday this weekend, too. She set up a list of links of the participants so that we can visit and see what other people has found for their posts in pink. I wish you all happy pink Saturday.