It's the first of August so you can start uploading your thimbles from here. My contribution this month is the thimble shown above. The design is called "blue wave" . Actually it's just striped bi-coloured scales but almost every designs are variation of bi-coloured scales in one way or the other.
Here are the rules of the photo sharing at Flickr:
1. The thimbles (or any other rings) have to be your own work.
2. Although the group name is "thimbles" your work is not necessarily a thimble and you can make your rings in any size you would like, as small as a focal bead of the necklace or as big as a bracelet, or even bigger if you like.
3. As stated above, they have to be your own work but you can use a thimble base from the kit if you like. It may not be fair, especially considering the fact that I sell the kit, but there are many other kits available (at least in Japan) and some of you may be able to obtain them. I don't see any reason to exclude the people who bravely share their very first work with us.
4. Your work have to be done by only forward stitches. No back stitches or weaving at this time.
5. You can use any materials, in any colours, you would like.
6. Please state the size of the mould on which you formed your ring base in the description field of the photo. Please also mention what threads and padding you used, too, so that we could compare notes. In case you bought one of my kits, here are the size and materials: "first thimble" is 50mm in circumference and Tire Silk size 9 & floss silk padding. "small pincushion" is 61mm in circumference and Tire Silk size9 & floss silk padding. "medium pincushion" is 103mm and Tire Silk size 16 & knitting yarn for padding.
7. You can upload as many photo as you like.
8. The closing date is 21st of August 2010, Japan time. Please note that we are 9 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) in Japan
Now, you can start uploading your photo from here.
We are going to have a lucky draw at the end and one lucky winner will get the thimble of my contribution for this month shown above. To enter the draw, please leave a comment on the message board at Flickr. You can upload as many as you like but you can enter the draw only once.
Now, people, let's start stitching and please come join us here.