Thursday, 12 February 2009

the problem is mine or Blogger's...

This thimble is the one I have been trying to upload since Monday. We are supposed to be able to upload quite a large picture file on the blog however, I could not upload the original photo which is about 200 KB. My fault or Blogger's? I bought a new camera just before New Years holiday (means just before our trip to Europe) and it allows me to take far too superior pictures than my old one did. Finer picture means bigger files but I did some trimming so the pic file was a bit smaller than 200 KB, so it shouldn't have been a problem... Anyway I took another picture in smaller size and trimmed it again and here it is.

The design of this thimble looks quite simple, just threads running diagonally, doesn't it? Well, appearance can be deceiving and in this case, is deceiving. From the second round on, all the threads have to go beneath the already existing threads on the body and threads manipulation is really tricky and time consuming. Since there is no threads crossing each other, i.e. the threads covering the surface are quite loose, this thimble does not have any practical use other than looking great in the sewing basket.

I am now trying to make a thimble looks St Valentine Dayish. If it turnes out okay I will share it with you later this week.


  1. That is another beauty. I had my share of trouble with pixels as well.

  2. Wishing you a Happy St Valentine's Day. I love the thimble ring. Your work is exquisite.