Saturday 7 February 2009

Joining the yahoo group

I made another sale at Etsy last weekend. This was my second at Etsy and I am really happy about this, not only for the sale, but also for the fact that the customer actually read my blog. When I made my first sale, I was happy, too, because the person who didn't know me at all, whom I didn't know and quite unlikely would ever meet liked my thimble well enough to buy it. But this time it's a little bit different, I cannot explain it well, but I felt, well, connected.

Then she mentioned in the order form that there was a yahoo group for the kind of thimbles I made. It is called "thimble_rings" and I haven't ever joined any groups before I decided to give it a try, like I hadn't ever owned my own blog but I gave it a try and I really like it. I am not sure the correct way to tell you how to find the group but I went to yahoo group page (US) and search it with thimble and rings as key words. You need membership to have a look what the group is doing but the membership is to exclude the spams, well, you cannot complain about that, then. The group is recently formed I was told, and right now there is no specific agenda, but pooling the resources from the members. If you are interested, please join us.



This is the one I made tonight. It makes me think of the sunshine and beachside. What does this inspire you?

3 comments:

  1. It does make me think of the beachside too. Lovely colors. When it is a thimble-ring do people wear them as jewelry or use as a thimble for sewing? I had not seen these until I came across your blog. Congrats on your sale!

    Also I see you have another follower!! Do you make other crafts you can share with us on your blog or tidbits of your life there? I would love to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful again. I love those colours. Indeed the seaside. How nice you found a group for thimbles and your specific ring thimbles. Congratulations on selling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the new follower. I create Japanese temari and have tried to make an obi using the thimble ring method. What a disaster! I only hope that now, with a thimble ring before me I can do a better job. Thank you for all the information. The new thimble ring group with yahoo is just a start. Please join us, we will have such a great time.

    ReplyDelete