Thursday, 1 July 2010
Share Your Thimbles - July 2010 -
Following to the previous post, we are now having an another "Share Your Thimbles" at Flickr this month, too.
Here are the rules, as same as last month:
1. The thimbles or any other rings (or even not in ring shaped ones) you are going to share with us have to be the ones you yourself made. No borrowing. I don't think any of you will cheat but I think I should make it clear and I hope you understand it and not be offended.
2. Although the name of the Flickr group is "thimbles", you can make your rings in any size. As small as focal bead of the pendant, or as big as a bracelet, or even bigger if you like.
3. You can use ready-made ring bases from thimble making kit if you choose to do so. I don't see any reasons to exclude the new people just because they purchased thimble making kits.
4. Your thimbles or any rings have to be made using only forward stitches at this time. No back stitches or weaving.
5. You can use any materials, in any colours.
6. You have to state the size of the mould on which you formed the bases in the description field of the photos. Please also mention what padding material and thread you used, too. In case you use the ring base from my thimble making kit, it's 50mm in circumference, floss silk for padding, and Fujix Tire size 9 silk hand sewing thread.
7. You can upload as many as you like.
8. The closing date is 21st of July, Japan time. Please note that we are 9 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) in Japan.
Now, you can start uploading your photo from here.
We are going to have a lucky draw afterwards. The prize is the thimble, my contribution for this month, shown above. My thimbles are working tools as a rule, however, I used gold thread for this one and therefore it is not suitable for actual sewing. In order to enter the draw, please leave a message at discussion board. Although you can upload as many as you like but you can only enter the draw once.
This is the eighth photo sharing since I started hosting it last year and there have not been many participants. As a result there may be an occasion, like last month, when the same participants will won the prize more than once. Last month's winner, Rebbecca, who had won the previous month, too, very generously offered to share the prize since there were two thimbles however, I think I had better to stick to the rules as I do not wish to set a precedent. It's not very fair a handful people won repeatedly however, it's not fair, either, to change the rules. I will draw one winner regardless of the past winning records and that is that.
I sincerely hope you understand. However, if there are many more of the participants, the repeated winners will not be such a big issue. Please, please join us at Flickr. I know for the fact that many of you make thimbles, don't be shy.
***** shop update *****
FYI, there are "first thimble" kits as well as medium pin cushion kits in five colours available at my shop.