Monday 22 November 2010

Share Your Thimbles November 2010 closed

This month I am prompt and now announcing that this month's "Share Your Thimble" at Flickr is officially closed.  I haven't closed the group at Flickr, but the message board, so you still can upload your photos to show us what you have made.  As a matter of fact, the photo sharing group is never closed.

We have five people who shared their work with us this month:  coral-seas who showed us her very first thimble, Temari Debi with her beautiful blue fins on brown thimble, Dorian E who shared us with her two thimbles this month, not beads, beadtutle with her lovely gold fish big rings, and suryaismail with her yellow and orange bead which she said look like trilobites but far lovelier than ancient creatures.  I would like to thank everyone who visited our group and left comments on our works.  I realize that Flickr has a new function of "recent activity" and we can see when signed in that someone has left a comment on the photo. 


As promised, one lucky winner will get my contribution of thimble to this month's photo sharing.  We  have four entries this month and ...
The winner of November is number 1, coral-seas.  Congratulations, coral-seas, will you please send me an e-mail for your full name and shipping address?  You can find my e-mail address in the profile page.  

Did you know that this was the 12th "Share Your Thimbles" this month?  I started the group in December 2009 and next month is our first anniversary.  I welcome any suggestion to improve the group, especially on how to promote our activities.  The fact that the thimble making is not very popular is a problem, not that people loathes it or anything, they just don't know what they are missing is all, I think. 

*** Shop Update ***

I have listed three of  "First Thimble Kit" at my Etsy store if you are interested.  If you placed your order now, I think they will still arrive in time for Holiday.  As for "Starter Kit with (almost) everything you need",  I appreciate your patience, it will take a little longer before it becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment