Sunday, 31 October 2010
My thanks to those of you who decided to participate the photo sharing this month , those of you who mentioned my photo sharing group at your blog, and those of you who visited the group to admire our works. We have four participants with 10 thimbles/beads.
and the winner is number 2, Temari Debi. Congratulations, Debi, please contact me for your shipping address (I don't think you moved, just being remodeling but just in case). By the way, I was able to establish the correspondence with the winner of August's lucky draw, Dorian.
Tomorrow is the first day of the month and I will start another photo sharing. Start stitching thimbles, shall we?
Tuesday, 19 October 2010
Saturday, 16 October 2010
It has been a while since I last participated "a make a month group" at Flickr. The object of the group is to make a dent in the hoard of materials/books/patterns/etc and share the finished work and/or on-going project with the group monthly. I have just finished the ruffled scarf and would like to share with you, too, as well as the group.
Friday, 1 October 2010
It's time to start a new photo sharing at Flickr and everyone is welcome.
1. The thimbles (or any other rings) have to be your own work.
2. Although the group name says "thimbles", your work is not necessarily a thimble and you can make your rings in any size you would like, as small as a focal bead for the necklace or as big as a bracelet, or even bigger.
3. As stated above, they have to be your own work however, you can use the ring base from the kit if you choose to do so. It may not seem to be fair, considering I sell the kits, however, they are many other kits available (at least in Japan) and some of you may be able to obtain them, and it is definitely not fair to exclude the people brave enough to share their first work with us from the group.
4. Your work has to be done with only forward stitches. No weaving or back stitches at this time.
5. You can use any material, and in any colours, you would like.
6. Please state the size of the mould on which you formed your ring base in the description field of the photo. Please also mention what threads and padding you used, too, so that we could compare notes. In case you bought one of my kits, here are the size and materials: "first thimble" is 50mm in circumference and Tire Silk size 9 & floss silk padding. "small pincushion" is 61mm in circumference and Tire Silk size9 & floss silk padding. "medium pincushion" is 103mm and Tire Silk size 16 & knitting yarn for padding.
7. You can upload as many photo as you like. You can upload several photos of one thimble if you choose to do so.
8. The closing date is 21st of October 2010, Japan time. Please note that we are 9 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) in Japan.
Now you can start uploading from here.
We are going to have a lucky draw at the end, too. One lucky winner will receive the thimble of my contribution to this month's photo sharing which shown as above. In order to enter the draw, please leave a message at the discussion board at Flickr under the subject of "Thimbles of October 2010". As stated above, you can upload as many photos as you like however, you can enter the draw only once.
For those of you who are not a thimble stitcher or who chose not to join the group this month, you can still participate in the group as we participants of the group would love to have your comments left to the photos uploaded. When you click the photo at Flickr, you will find a dialogue box in which to leave your comment. I (and I believe you, too) would be so excited when someone left me a comment. Please come visit us at Flickr.