Saturday 21 March 2009

variegated thread ... ?

When you do embroidery, you got a lot of short floss, not long enough to start stitching with it but long enough that you cannot throw it away. When you make thimbles, the same happens and I have stashed these threads in a small box and it got nearly full. I thought it was about time to do something about it otherwise there wouldn't be a point to collect all those threads in the first place.

I dumped the accumulated threads on the table and sorted them by colours; blue & green & purple, brown family, red & pink & orange, yellow & white and I made this thimble from red & pink & orange pile. I aimed at the variegated thread effect so the design had to be simple. I firstly thought about the simple stripe like this but because I had to change threads so much I decided against it. I does look as if I used variegated thread, doesn't it?

10 comments:

  1. Happy Pink Saturday! Wow! That is precious and looks like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ♥ Pink Saturday. I am able to visit some gorgeous blogs, see loads of pink-a-licious goodies and have a wonderful morning to start the weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pink Saturday and have a great first weekend of Spring ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful. Happpy pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is just amazing isn't it. Look what you created from some bits of string/thread! Beautiful to say the least, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is amazing! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always amazed at your talent. And, the embroidery you did is beautiful, too.

    Also, the orange cake looks delicious. I may have to give it a try.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy PS

    WOW, love your work and can appreciate the time involved. Just beautiful

    Have a happy day

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool bracelet with the color combination. I like the embroidered pink flower too on your previous post.

    ReplyDelete